Before installing any of the plugins, you need to install Tabax 0.3 or later and the DEV_TabaxSDK
Use the following link to download the latest version of Tabax and SDK: http://axaptapedia.com/Tabax
DEV_TabaxPlugin_OpenInAOT – download
(homepage - http://www.axaptapedia.com/DEV_TabaxPlugin_OpenInAOT)
This is a very simple plugin, based on a tool I made a while ago (you can download the original EditorScript at http://www.axaptapedia.com/Editor_scripts_OpenInAOT).
This tool is available only to developers (SysDevelopment security key).
Installation instructions are very simple: just import the project and refresh the AOD (this is specifically needed for the rich AX4 client)
Now you can open AOT objects just by typing their name in the Tabax form edit box (prefixed with ‘go’).
Here are a couple of examples:
- “go InventTable” will open the Tables\InventTable node.
- “go InventDimDevelop” will open the Macros\InventDimDevelop, etc.
DEV_TabaxPlugin_RecentProjects - download
This plugin, when started (which happens automatically on startup of Tabax), adds a button on the Tabax toolbar. (it resembles an ‘Undo’ button).
This plugin keeps track of projects you use during the day, providing for a simple and fast way to open one of them.
This tool is available to developers only. If you do not have developer rights, the button will not be added to the toolbar.
Here is a list of what will happed when the button on the toolbar is pressed:
- A context menu is rolled down showing the list of projects recently used. (maximum 15 projects are shown, but the number can be changed in the plugin ClassDeclaration method)
- The first 10 entries are assigned hotkeys (1 to 10 (0) respectively).
- If Ctrl key is pressed, the last closed project is opened (the selection form is skipped).
- If Shift key is pressed, the selection form is opened, providing more functionality than the context menu.
- In the context menu of the selection form you can find menu Items that clear the contents of the recent projects list or control startup project settings.
- You can cancel the form by pressing Esc or the CloseDialog button in the top right corner
To users using Sidax this button will be very familiar, as it mostly copies the functionality available on the RecentProjects tab there.
DEV_TabaxPlugin_RecentWindows - download
This plugin, when started (which happens automatically on startup of Tabax), adds a button on the Tabax toolbar. (it resembles a green ‘Recycle Bin’).
This plugin keeps track of windows you use during the day, providing for a simple and fast way to open one of them again.
This includes editor windows, AOT object windows and regular Axapta forms (this does not include forms opened from other forms).
This tool is available to both dev and non-developers. If you do not have developer rights, the AOT and editor windows are not kept track of and the recent windows list is used solely for DAX forms.
The nice part of this is the specific record you last used is remembered as well, so you can reopen a form and start working with the record right away. (AxPath is used for this)
The functionality of the toolbar button is similar to DEV_TabaxPlugin_RecentProjects.
That's it. Come back for more :)