A short description of what the tool can do for you: :)
Basically, it just changes the backcolor of your DAX 3.0 (it does not work for DAX 4.0) installation.
You can choose a simple custom color you would like to use, or select an image from your hard drive to use as the background image.
you can select a couple of settings as well (ALL the settings are accessed by pressing Alt + S in DAX after launching the AxPaint form) - like stretching the image or using a 'transparent' background, showing your desktop (you have to set the image path to a specific location for that).
Nothing much, you'd say. But it sure is fun to work in DAX when a nice picture is seen in the background. :)
- Unzip the archived files.
- Place the .bat and .ocx files somewhere where you won't delete them accidently.
- Run the .bat file, which will register the .ocx
- Import the project into Dynamics AX - the project contains one form AxPaint.
- Run the form. It will automatically hide from view. Press Alt + S to run setup.
- The image path is setup to C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Wallpaper1.bmp - this is the path to the current wallpaper in Win XP (without active desktop)
- Show desktop (like Delphi) option is set in the setup dialog.
- In the startupPost method of the Info class the following lines are added:
- An external application is used to change the wallpaper on system startup. So every day I have a different look in my DAX :)
Custom code for the info.startupPost method:
if (curUserId() == 'ikash')
Link to the external WallChanger application: