As you have probably noticed, the Run as... command is not available in these versions of Windows any longer (it's still available from command line, of course, but that's not as user friendly).
As AX users/developers/etc., we all ofter have to log into AX as a different user, for example to verify security settings for a particular AX role being setup.
Having Run as... command in the context menu really saves time here.
So, Microsoft, namely Mark Russinovich, provided a way to return this useful command back into the standard context menu.
You can download and install ShellRunas from technet.
Now, to install it, simply follow the easy instructions below:
- Download and unzip ShellRunas by following the link above
- Copy ShellRunas.exe to your Windows\System32 folder
- Open a Command Line and run the following command: shellrunas /reg
- A message box confirming successfull installation should pop up. Click OK
- Now, holding down the SHIFT key, right-click the AX icon. You will see a Run as different user... item in the context menu
To uninstall the Shellrunas utility, simply execute the following command from a command prompt: shellrunas /unreg