1. Close All AX instances
2. Open AX Development Environment (ax32.exe -development)
3. Open AX Application (ax32.exe)
4. Add Role that you would like to test to your UserId
a. System Administration > Common > Users
b. Find yourself and double click to get to the detail window
c. Assign role that you want to test
5. Close AX Application
6. Set break points in AX Development Environment
7. Create a job and add this line
8. From the AX Development Environment “Ctrl W” to open the application
9. You are now in a reduced permission user and have the ability to debug. J
To get your environment back to full admin, re-execute the job in step 7 with a true.
Note: This will not work for EP, Services, direct BC.NET and cases using runas(), as the SecurityUtil::sysAdminMode is limited to the current session.
Ed Budrys from our Security team deserves the credit for the above.
Let me know if you found this to be useful.